Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Jeweled Sky" Mini Acrylic Paintings for Sale

Left: "Follow Me Into the Night";
Center: "The Night Was Like Jeweled Magic"
Right: "Twilight Garden"

I've been working on a series of 5" x 5" mini paintings I call my "Jeweled Sky" series. I've been playing with dots and connecting them to other shapes. I like this idea of connectivity. When I put the dots and shapes on a black background it reminds me of strands of jewels in the night sky so that is why I call it my "Jeweled Sky" series. The painting runs onto the sides of the canvas so they don't need to be framed.

I will have some of them for sale in my show opening at the Tumalo Art Co. gallery in Bend, OR on Sept. 4th. After I finish a painting, I will scan it so I can make a print of it and then I spray it with a coat or two of gloss acrylic coating to protect it. Below are the paintings which are drying after getting their first coat of spray. Check my Etsy shop in a few days and I will have these images available as prints.





No comments: