Friday, July 31, 2009

Original Acrylic Orange Painting and some Orange Symbolism


I was watching this really gorgeous sunset last night from our deck and it got me thinking about color! I love the way the orange melts into the blue...it was really beautiful! And so I was thinking about the color Orange. Which reminded me of an older painting that I have which is for sale and hasn't sold yet. It's got a lot of orange in it. Maybe because it is unframed people have a hard time visualizing how lovely this painting would be in their home. I'll put a sample of it below and frame it in Photoshop so you can see what it might look like framed. I call it the "Orange Painting". It's real title is "The Growing Season" but I like to call it by it's nickname just because I like the orange in it! All the colors are really vibrant with some nice texture.If you would like to see more detail or buy this painting, email me.
"The Growing Season"
Acrylic on Paper
Image Size 20" x 24"
$575 Unframed
(frame and matt above are for viewing only)


I use a lot of orange in my paintings as well as yellows and orange reds. What is the symbolism behind the color orange? About.com says "It denotes energy, warmth, and the sun. But orange has a bit less intensity or aggression than red, calmed by the cheerfulness of yellow." Colorwheelpro.com says, "Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. And it "increases oxygen supply to the brain, producing an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity". See, if this were up on your wall, you would be having more oxygen supplied to your brain from looking at it. :) I'm going to have to do some color study. I find it fascinating how color can affect our moods and stimulate mental activity!

No comments: