Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Living With The Power of Flow and Synchronicity

A few years ago I read a book called The Power of Flow. It easily became one of my favorite books because it is all about Synchronicity. Synchronicity, according to Wikipedia,"is the experience of two or more events which are causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner. In order to count as synchronicity, the events should be unlikely to occur together by chance." I love Synchronicity! And I especially love it when it happens to further one's goals and dreams along.

This ties in with my use of the spiral in my paintings. The spiral, to me represents energy. It also can represent Flow! Flowing energy! To me all things in our universe are connected. Everything is in a relationship with everything else. This conviction is based on the fact that everything is made up of energy. I show this with the use of the spiral and glowing elements in my paintings.

I started thinking about synchronicity again because just yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about marketing plans. And then just 20 minutes later when I checked my email...there in my in box was some information on marketing plans that was very helpful! I love it when that happens. When you're thinking of something and then the next phone call or next bit of information that comes your way is exactly what you need!

In the Power of Flow, they tell you just what you need to do to start living in what they call being a "Flow Master". Some of the attributes are:
1. Commitment
2. Honesty
3. Courage
4. Passion
5. Immediacy
6. Openness
7. Receptivity
8. Positivity
9. Trust

I won't go into depth on these attributes cause you'll just have to read the book yourself to get the full impact. But I do recommend it as inspiring reading!

Have you had some synchronicity happen to yourself lately? I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

Donna L. Faber said...

Are you kidding? My life as of late is a calvalcade of synchronicity pointing to a number of personal lessons. I wrote it about at length in my blog "When Isis Rises". I think the full moon has increased it, but boy oh boy, it is ever present!

D~

Lindy Gaskill said...

Donna, Thanks for commenting and mentioning me on your blog too.

ayura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.