Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Shimmer & Shine" Bird Painting

"Shimmer & Shine"
11" x 8.5"
Acrylic on Paper
Unframed
$195

I've been painting fancy birds. I love to paint birds. So small and intimate. Each is its own being, in its own world. Sometimes one bird, sometimes two, maybe more. Each has its own story. And I love to think of the title that goes with each piece because it's like finishing the story. To me, it gives the piece character and soul, it brings it to life. But of course, I like the viewer to make up their own story about my paintings. I don't like to give too much away when someone asks me what I was thinking when I created a painting. When I'm painting, I usually let my imagination take over and it brings me to a place of calm where I lose track of time. I can just paint for hours and hours. And sometimes, the painting is not planned and what I paint comes as a surprise. Like a treasure. This bird painting started out that way, it was fairly plain and it started getting fancier and fancier as I worked on it. It seemed to want to have more and more embellishment. And finally it felt like it was done! It was very fun to paint! What do you think this bird's story is?

No comments: