Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bird Greeting Cards


Birds, Birds, Birds. I do love painting these small creatures. Just this morning we were watching a small brown and white speckled one that comes to our yard often. He's a chatter box as well. He looks almost like a speckled dove, well, not really, cause really I'm not so much into what kind of bird they are but rather, I'm more into creating an imaginary bird from what I'm seeing. I let their essence soak into my memory and then I let my imagination take over. I can change a brown bird into a purple bird or speckles into dots. That's the fun I have with my painting! I make up a story about them with my art. The title is also fun to play with. I've put a lot of my bird paintings on Greeting cards. You can see them at my online shop at GreetingCardUniverse.com.

No comments: