Friday, March 13, 2009

An Artist's Day Notes


I AM GRATEFUL
for dinner tonight with my best friend who
I've known for 27 years.

I CAN SEE
from the 12th floor there are tall buildings
all around and
just a touch of mountains
and water over yonder.


I AM HEARING
the sounds of the faraway Seattle freeway rush hour

I AM WEARING
brown and black

I AM CREATING
new ideas for paintings and considering
smaller works


I AM MISSING
my loved ones in Baja and the casita there

I AM HOPING
i'll have enough room to eat pizza AND salad
with dinner tonight


I AM PLANNING
a trip to New York in November and hopefully
be in an exhibit there


PICTURE TO INSPIRE



view from the 12th floor


NOTE: Artist Day Notes will be posted every Friday.




2 comments:

Tracy Leagjeld said...

Lindy,
This is so great. It is something I would like to do on a daily basis to be more present. Life is running by too fast and it would be nice to slow it down a bit.

Lindy Gaskill said...

Yes, being present is a good thing. I'm going to do the Artist's Day Notes every Friday on my blog. Thanks for checking in!