Friday, February 20, 2009

Raven Painting and Cactus


The painting on the left is titled "Raven Searches for Home". I decided it needed a companion piece to go with it. So today I'm working on another Raven painting. It has 2 ravens in it as well as a cactus. Here in Todos Santos and the surrounding Baja desert, there are lots of cactus. Some are huge and some smaller. I've also started some lyrical world paintings that include the raven in them. Combining two of my favorite themes, birds and my lyrical worlds seemed like a natural thing to do. The black line works well with the raven image. To me, the raven is such a mysterious character and he often shows up in Native American stories. I like to create my own story about him in my paintings. I'll post some more images later.

No comments: