Thursday, February 5, 2009

Painting technique video and whimsical paintings

I made my first artist videos yesterday. I'm going to be posting a few videos regarding my painting technique. They are short and a little rough around the edges but they were fun to make! The first one will be about how I start a painting. The others are about how I get the texture and line work in my paintings. I'll post a link to my youtube videos after I get them finalized - so stay tuned. Also I'd like to know what kinds of videos you would be interested in seeing in the future? Please leave your comments and let me know.
The paintings I'm working on in the videos are my "lyrical world" paintings. Below is the very first stages of one of them. I just love the whimsical, jewel colored shapes. These paintings are my favorites to make! I'll be posting some more images of them after they get a little further along.

No comments: