Sunday, September 21, 2008

Commission Work












Last week I finished a commissioned painting. It was to do a companion piece for a painting that had been purchased earlier in the year by a client. They had an idea of having a bear in the painting. The first painting is titled "The Wind Whispered Him Home", the companion piece is titled "He Contemplates the Trees". My clients were very happy with the way the painting turned out. So was I. They have a bear theme in their guest room and I will also be painting a chest as an addition to their room. I have fun with commission work....especially when I'm given free rein. I also have another panel that I might continue the scene onto just for fun. To see what else happens with the bear...maybe a river and fish jumping...we'll see. When I finish it I'll post it on this site. If you have an idea for a commissioned painting, send me an email and we can talk about it...Mail to: lindyhanson@hotmail.com

No comments: